Talk About an Equipment that was broken and you got it Repaired
1. What was the problem?
2. When and how you got it repaired?
2. How did you feel about it?
ANSWER OF IELTS CUE CARD Talk About an Equipment that was broken and you got it Repaired:
● With the rapid growth in the number of technological appliances we use every day, there are a lot of instances when something fails and we have to get it repaired.
● Today, I would like to talk about my Apple laptop, which got damaged recently and I got it repaired from the IT market in Delhi
● What happened was that I was working on an assignment late night and I was using the laptop while lying on the bed.
● I didn’t realize when I fell asleep and when I got up in the morning I saw my laptop lying on the floor, probably it fell down when I was sleeping.
● I immediately picked it up, only to realize that there was a huge crack in the screen of the laptop.
● I tried to turn it on but it was not working.
● I felt really bad at that time and was scared to tell my family about it.
● So I decided to consult my friend and he told me to visit the nearest Apple store to figure out the damage.
● I reached there immediately and the technician told me that the display had broken and needs to be replaced.
● He told me the cost of screen replacement would be 40,000 Rs
● I was shocked to hear such a huge repair cost as I had already spent a hefty amount on the laptop
● So I came back home disappointed.
● Suddenly, it came to my mind that one of my other friend, who was in Delhi, had also faced the same problem.
● So, I called him and explained the situation to him.
● He told me that I can get it repaired from IT market in Delhi for just 5000 Rs and the technician will replace my screen with a used one.
● After that, I decided to tell my family about it. Initially, they felt sad like me but then they suggested me to be careful about how I handle electronic gadgets in the future and gave the money for repair.
● Finally, I went to Delhi and got it repaired. The technician changed the display and luckily the used display looked like a new one and I was able to use my laptop again.
● Nowadays I am very careful about how I use the electronic equipment, I guess, I learned the lesson, the hard way.
Source: Makkar IELTS. Please Support them and Buy their PDF from Here