Describe something you made with your hand for your friend
1. What is it?
2. When did you make it?
2. How did your friend feel about it?
Answer of IELTS Cue Card Describe something you made with your hand for your friend:
I am not very gifted in arts and crafts and so I normally don’t make things myself.
● I prefer to gift people cards and flowers.
● However, a few years back when I was in 9th, one of my closest friends decided
to immigrate to the US.
● On his last birthday before leaving, I wanted to do something really, special for
● But unfortunately, I didn’t have much pocket money saved up.
● So, I went to my mother to get some money to buy him something expensive.
● But, my mother suggested me to personally make him something rather than
buying him something, which he wouldn’t even care to take with him.
● At that time, I came up with an idea of drawing a sketch of me and him together.
● It took me a lot of time to come up with something satisfactory since my drawing skills
were not so good.
● I remember I spent nearly 4- 5 hours making that sketch.
● My mother helped me a bit too.
● Then I got it framed and gifted it to him on his birthday.
● I still remember his shock when he opened my present since
● He expected it to be a wall painting because of the shape of the present.
● But after finding out what it was, his eyes swell up with tears.
● He didn’t say anything, we just hugged each other.
● 2 months later, when I was talking to him on facetime, I saw our portrait hanging
on the wall in the background.